Registration Open Now!
Spring Session 1
Wednesday's 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
May 13- June 17
Spring Session 1
Friday's 10:00 PM - 10:30 PM
May 15- June 19
I am excited to offer music & movement classes in the Rochester, NY area. Together with a caregiver, toddlers are introduced to a structured class where we explore instruments, musical props and music together. Children will practice gross motor skills such as jumping, hopping, running, turning and balancing. We will also focus on fine motor skills as we learn new fingerplays and sing familiar songs like "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Children will also practice keeping a beat with rhythm sticks and enhancing their hand-eye coordination. The repetition of activities and songs assists participation, language development, and memory. This high-energy class encourages children (and adults) make new friends, too!
Music and Movement programs provide psychological, emotional, and physical benefits for children; such as:
- Music engages the brain, stimulating higher forms of intelligence, abstract thinking, and mathematics
- Music helps develop memory & encourages group participation
- Music and movement programs are a creative experience which involves the expression of feelings. Children who may not have the ability to express their feelings can release their emotions through dance
- Music and movement programs provide a social experience. Children love to dance and sing with each other
- Dance helps develop gross motor skills and coordination. Children will improve their balance and rhythm
- Small motor skills will also be enhanced through finger play songs and using instruments
- Dance and movement on a weekly basis will encourage physical fitness at every age level